THE DOREREUNION.COM WEBSITE RESPECTS ALL INDIVIDUALS’ RIGHT TO PRIVACY.
- DOREREUNION.COM will follow the Canadian laws to keep personal information safe and protected.
- Personal information given to DOREREUNION.COM by a stakeholder will only be used in ways that the stakeholder approves of.
What is personal information? Personal information is information such as your:
- Phone number
- Medical reports
- Any other private reports that identify who you are
Personal information can be given, used, and shared in ways such as:
- Through a computer
People give DOREREUNION.COM their okay to collect, keep, use, or share personal information in writing, by registering for the 2018 Dore Reunion or by speaking to the DOREREUNION.COM Reunion Committee.
Who owns and controls personal information?
- Personal information belongs to each person.
- Adults have the power to make the decisions about how their personal information is collected, used, and shared with others.
- Sometimes, a family member or advocate of an adult has the power by law to make decisions about the person’s personal information.
- Children’s parents or legal guardians have the power to make the decisions about how their personal information is collected, used, and shared with others.
- The information that DOREREUNION.COM has about a person will not be shared without that person’s or guardian’s approval.
- Names and emails of the registering family member are typically passed to the next reunion committee so that your family can be notified of reunion details.. Other details such as names and emails of other family members are not kept.
What rights do I have with my personal information?
- People have the right to look at or check their personal information at any time to make sure it is correct.
- People can ask that information be changed if they believe the information is wrong.
- People have the right to take away DOREREUNION.COM’s permission to use their personal information, and DOREREUNION.COM will stop right away.
- DOREREUNION.COM will clearly tell the stakeholder what the possible results would be for taking away their consent.
How does DOREREUNION.COM use personal information?
- DOREREUNION.COM will not use personal information for other reasons without asking for the person’s okay unless required by law, or if there was a large concern about the person’s health and safety.
How will my personal information be protected?
DOREREUNION.COM will protect personal information in ways such as:
- Locked cabinets
- Password codes to computers
- Confidentiality statements signed by all DOREREUNION.COM volunteers
- Putting files away as soon as they are finished being used
DOREREUNION.COM has a Privacy Officer who makes sure all the Provincial and Canadian laws and DOREREUNION.COM policies about keeping personal information safe and protected are followed.
If you have a question or concern or want to make a complaint about how personal information is collected, kept, used, or shared, please contact DOREREUNION.COM’s Privacy Officer:
Donald Doré <firstname.lastname@example.org>